The ARSO Council in its 66th Session in June 2022 in Yaounde, Cameroon approved the ARSO Strategic Plan 2022 – 2027 that refining the strategic Mission and Vision of ARSO towards fulfilling the needs of the African standardisation:
To facilitate African industrialization and intra-Africa and global trade by providing harmonized African standards and conformity assessment procedures that promote sustainable development.
To be an excellent standardisation institution that promotes a quality culture in support of trade, industrialisation and sustainable development in Africa.
Core ValuesARSO has committed to observing the following core values:
- Integrity forms the basis of our business principles. As an organisation and individually, we act with honesty and probity. We are consistent, fair and transparent in our actions and decisions.
- We recognise our obligation to our members and society to deliver the highest standards in all areas of our mandate and to seek out and support excellence.
- We are accountable for the way in which we utilise resources made available to us by our members, cooperating partners and all well-wishers in pursuit of promotion of standardisation in our continent.
- People are our greatest asset and are treasured, thus, gender mainstreaming is at the core of what we do. Their involvement in what we do immensely contributes to the quality of standards and other deliverables of ARSO.
- We are dependable and we fulfill our commitments to our members whose relationship we value.